Everything you need to know about Hair Extensions!
Note: Colours extra, includes blending and styling.
All hair extensions can be curled, straightened, coloured
Optional: Maintenance Pricing –> Move Up & Comb Out, 2-3 months $150
(Note: All regular maintenance includes complete move up of extension bonds back up to root, tangle comb out, and layering/blend touch up)
GET YOUR FREE CONSULTATION TODAY!
Call us at 519-746-1212 or book online here
Tips for wearing your Element Hair seamless hair extensions
- Keep your hair extensions clean and untangled by taking time to care for them every day.
- Do not comb or brush the hair extensions while the hair is wet.
- Never sleep with wet hair extensions. Always make sure the hair is dry and pulled up or preferably put into a braid to keep hair from tangling at night.
- Brush the hair with a hair extension brush/wet brush several times a day. Be sure to brush properly, holding the roots to prevent pulling on the bonds. Use a wide tooth comb to remove tangles if needed.
- Use high quality Element hair care products but don’t overdo it. To much hair care product can cause build up and tangling over time. Never use any products containing oil, alcohol or ethanol as this can damage the hair extensions and wear down on the adhesive. Use only sulfate free shampoos and conditioners. We recommend the Element Organic Shampoo and Conditioner.
- If the regrowth on your natural hair needs to be colored, it must done by a professional who will carefully color around your hair extensions. Coloring your hair at home may damage your extensions and could cause them to fall out.
- When swimming with hair extensions, try to keep hair out of the pool/hot tub and rinse chlorine promptly after swimming to prevent dryness and extreme tangling.
- When using hot tools be sure to use a heat protectant spray! The more you use heat on your hair, the shorter the life-span of the extensions.
- Do not use a flat iron directly on the tape tabs. This will weaken the adhesive bond and cause them to slip out.
- When using conditioner, condition from mid-shaft to ends only. Do not apply conditioner to your scalp when wearing tape in hair extensions.
- Every 6-10 weeks, your hair extensions will need to be removed and reapplied closer to the scalp and to keep the extension tabs from showing.
- Tape in extensions are not recommended for those who have lost a significant amount of hair due to illnesses or have experienced extreme hair thinning. Consult with your Element stylist about other options.
- Element Organic shampoo should be used to clarifying prior to installing hair extensions. Conditioner should not be used during the application of the extensions.
Since a person’s natural hair loss averages between 50-100 strands per day. You will see a small amount of naturally released hairs in the tape bonds at the time of removal. This is normal and should not be interpreted as hair loss due to wearing hair extensions.
At the end of the day, you are gorgeous in your Element Hair Extensions! We want to keep it that way! The better you take care of your hair the longer they will last.